Terms and conditions – GP19 Registrar Facebook Photo Competition
1. The Competition is a game of skill. Chance does not form a part of selecting the winner.
2. The promoter is The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Ltd (RACGP), 100 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne VIC 3002. ABN 34 000 223 807.
Eligibility to enter
3. Entry into this competition is free and is open to RACGP Registrar financial members only.
4. RACGP employees, their immediate families, and all agencies associated with this Promotion, are ineligible to enter, claim or redeem prizes.
5. Information on how to enter the competition- ‘Take a photo that represents why you chose general practice’ and the prize(s) form part of these conditions of entry. By entering the competition, entrants accept the competition terms and conditions.
6. The Promotion commences at 10.00 am (AEST) on Monday 1 July 2019 and concludes at 11.59 pm (AEST) on Wednesday 31 July 2019 (“Promotional Period”) after which no further entries will be considered. The RACGP accepts no responsibility for lost, late or incomplete entries.
7. To enter, participants must:
- Upload a photo that represents why the member chose general practice
- Fill out an entry form with their details, including full name, RACGP ID, year of training and their caption in 25 words or less
- Share the entry with friends and colleagues. Participant will need 30 votes to become eligible to win.
- they have the right to use the relevant Facebook or Twitter pages/accounts;
- they have the right to upload their photo;
- all persons appearing in the photo have expressly consented to the use of their image and personal information in accordance with these Conditions; and
- in developing and submitting the entry, the entrant did not and will not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any other person or owner.
The RACGP will not accept any entries from entrants under the age of 18.
9. Entrants may only enter once.
10. The promoter accepts no responsibility for late or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
11. In the case of intervention of some outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, the promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition entirely or recommence it on similar conditions at a later date.
12. Entries will be based on merit. Entries will be based on the best photo and caption representing the below statement: ‘Why you chose general practice’.
13. The promoter will select 3 winning entries.
14. The draw will take place at the promoter’s premises at 100 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne. Entrants are not required to be present at the draw to be eligible to win.
15. Winners will be announced within one month of close of voting by contacting the winners by email and posting the winners’ names on the RACGP website and shareGP.
16. The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, entrant and voting.
17. One prize will be awarded to each of the three winning entries.
18. Each prize consists of economy class return flights, full complimentary registration and three night’s accommodation for GP19, the RACGP annual conference, with the total prize pool consisting of 3 packages valued at approximately $8,500.00.
19. Any ancillary costs incurred in connection with redeeming or enjoying a Prize, (such as costs associated with meals, ground transportation, and incidental accommodation charges, including but not limited to room service, mini bar, internet and phone charges) are not included in the Prize, nor covered by the promoter.
20. The RACGP will use reasonable attempts to notify winning entrants via private message (Facebook/Twitter or SMS, telephone, email and/or writing within twelve (12) business days of the judging.
21. The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize within 2 weeks after being selected as the winner. If the winner does not accept the prize within 2 weeks, the promoter may forfeit the prize.
22. In consideration of the promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner:
- Consents to the promoter using his or her name, likeness, image, voice and entry in any marketing and promotion of the competition, the promoter or the promoter’s organisation
- Consents to the promoter using the information contained in the entry to improve the promoters products and services without further payment for its use
- Agrees that the prize cannot be taken as cash and is not exchangeable or transferable
- May be required by the RACGP to sign any legal documentation as and in the form and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form
- Must agree and be available to provide registrar testimonials/interviews and photos at GP19 and within the months following the conference within the current financial year
- Any late, altered, lost, damaged or misdirected entries or prize acceptance, including delays due to technical disruptions or network congestion;
- Any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition;
- Any technical error, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission or communication line or network failure;
- Any destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entries; and
- Any use of the prize or any tax liability incurred by the winner as a result of accepting the prize
23. Prizes are not transferable, cannot be exchanged and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prize vales are approximate, and the RACGP accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. If the prize is unavailable, the promoter may substitute the prize with a substitute prize, provided that the substitute is of the same or similar value or specification as the prize.
24. The promoter is not liable for any loss, expense, damage liability incurred or suffered by entrants and winners in connection with the competition including:
25. Entrants indemnity the promoter against any loss, expense, damage liability incurred or suffered for any breach of these terms and conditions
26. Nothing in paragraph 26 is intended to limit entrants’ or winners’ rights under the Australian Consumer Law 2010.
27. The promoter may cancel the promotion and/or hold the promotion multiple times at its own discretion.
28. The promoter collects personal information about entrants in order to run the competition and to comply with legal requirements about running this competition.
29. By entering the competition, each entrant consents to the promoter using their personal information for future marketing and promotional purposes and for any other purposes described in these terms and conditions.
30. The promoter collects and uses entrants’ personal information in accordance with its Privacy Statement (available at racgp.org.au/usage/privacy). The Privacy Statement contains information about how entrants may opt out of these activities, how they may access, update or correct their personal information, and how the RACGP deals with complaints.
The Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and complies with the Facebook Promotion Guidelines. Facebook is released from all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury to; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) suffered by any entrant in connection with the Promotion. Entrants must comply with the Facebook Terms of Service.